March 2010 - Sock Hop

The elementary school had a Sock Hop 50's day. They had a live band playing music in the gym for dancing, along with games, food, and a costume contest. Blaze & Faith were all about it (so were Jason & I). Blaze was very easy since he already has the long hair. He wears converse every day, so no change needed there. We put about a pound of grease in Blaze's hair, cuffed his pants & T-Shirt, and I had the sunglasses since they are back in style...he was ready to go. Faith had everything but the skirt. I went to the 2nd hand store and found the perfect skirt for her, and was even more excited that it only cost $2.00. The costume contest was a success. Blaze won 1st place for the upper graders (3rd, 4th, & 5th), and Faith won 2nd place for lower graders (K, 1st, 2nd). We had a great time dancing the night away!



No comments: