August 2010 - Rock Climbing

Today the kids went to a birthday party at Austin Rock Gym which is a huge warehouse with different rock walls.  The kids had the best time, and Faith......Well, she is a natural.  She was climbing up and down and up and down nonstop.  Austin Rock Gym has climbing clubs which compete from youth to adult and they were trying to push us to get Faith involved in youth climbing.  The only problem was, and I quote from the employee (who is a competitive climber) "Because she is only 7 and is climbing so well, you probably want to wait until she is 9 because she would outclimb all the kids in her age group.  When she is 9, she can move up to her ability and it's not age restricted."  WOW, I couldn't believe it.  My little girl, my shy little Faith is climbing up these huge walls without a care in the world.  I just watched her in amazement thinking how fast she is growing up. 

"The best climber in the world is the one who's having the most fun" Alex Lowe

No comments: