April 2011 - Little moments





When you think back to Easter when you were a kid, what do you see first?  I see me and all my cousins running out of my Grandma & Grandpa's door to the back yard as fast as we could finding the eggs that our parents/older cousins hid.  There was always a minimum of 15 kids running around with baskets, wanting to be the one who had the MOST boiled eggs. It didn't even matter if you liked eggs or not, that was not the point.

This year Faith, Autumn & Alese colored eggs without Blaze because he was sick with some sort of virus up in bed.  Jason took Blaze to the ER and they gave him a shot of antibiotics which made him feel better within hours.  I was just as excited as Blaze was that he was able to do the egg hunt.  I thought, how much longer will he want to hunt for eggs?  Makes me a little sad to think that my own kids will outgrow the egg hunt, and it seems like yesterday I was the hunter. 

"What we remember from childhood we remember forever" Cynthia Ozick

No comments: