July 2011 - How long?
While Jason was in the Coast Guard (8.5 years), we made some really great friends. Unless you are in the military, you can't understand the bond that you make. You are transferred to a town with no family or friends, and all the others are in the same situation. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc. are all spent with these people. They become your family. What I have realized since Jason has been out is I still love these friends as much as I did when we were together all the time. It doesn't matter that we haven't seen each other for years, because once we get together, it's like no time has passed. We always seem to pick up right where we left off. There is no awkward silence or feeling uncomfortable......it's like home. It's been 5 years since we last saw the Ramsey Family, so we were thrilled to know that they are stationed at Fort Hood, which is about an hour north of us. Dan is now in the Army fighting in Afghanistan for a year, while Trish, William & Sierra wait/pray for him to come home safe. We were so happy to get them on the lake and have a day of fun. Even if it is only a couple of hours to clear their minds of missing daddy, every minute helps. We all had the best time!
"I've learned that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Well said Lea, I feel the same way! I have to admit I teared up as I read this. We love you guys like family and are very blessed to have the Lundins in our lives! Thanks for helping ease our minds even just for a few hours every little bit helps!
Post a Comment