January 2011 - Hero

This week the kid's school had their Open House.  All the parents come and look around the classrooms and see what the kids have been doing for the 1st semester & the different projects they do in the classroom.  Blaze's class was assigned to write about their Hero, someone they admire and look up to.  These essays were going to be displayed in the hallways so all the parents could read them before they entered the classroom.  Blaze wrote about Jason.  These are a few sentences from his essay - "My Dad is my hero because he makes me laugh so hard sometimes I think I'm going to pee my pants.  He is so nice and is always there whenever I need something.  He helps me with my homework, plays games with me, and is fun to be with.  I love my Dad".  This essay was the highlight of our night..........so we thought.  Kamryn, one of Blaze's best friends wrote his essay about Blaze.  "Blaze is my hero because he is nice, fun, smart, and respectful to his parents.  He invites me to his house to play, and we always have a good time.  Blaze is very good in sports and is nice to everyone".  Jason and I couldn't believe it.  Most of the kids wrote about their parents, or famous people, not on their friends.  This was truly a proud moment for me and Jason, and I know someday Blaze will fully appreciate the essay Kamryn wrote about him.  Right now, he's just a 10 year old boy who thought......"cool essay"

"You don't raise heroes, you raise sons.  And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes."

1 comment:

3 Little Birds Boutique said...

Lea, I have chills all over my body from this post! Love you & your sweet family! You & Jason make AMAZING parents!!!
xoxo,
Kristen