April 2011 - Growing up






Sometimes there are events in your life when you sit back and realize, yup....they are growing up.  I had one of these moments.  Faith went camping with her Girl Scout Troop this weekend.  The Troop Leader and 2 other trained Girl Scout volunteers were the only ones allowed to participate.  This is to give the girls (and Mom's for the most part) confidence in being independent.  They want these girls to experience being away from their parents and being able to take care of themselves.  Faith was excited to go months before this, in the planning stages.  Since Faith was a baby, I've called her my tumor.  She never let go of me, and always had to be in the same room with me.  She cried for the first 2 years of her life (NOT EXAGERATING) unless I was holding her.  When she tried her 1st sleepover a year and a half ago, she called me crying at 10:00pm to come and get her.  Now here she is, going camping all weekend without me.  She had so much fun, and I think she only called me during her trip just to make sure I was ok.

No comments: